Saturday, January 2, 2010

From Couch to 10K - W1 - WO2

Insights

I was more sore yesterday than I thought I would be. We stayed out of town an extra day, so I had to take my off day yesterday. We did walk 4 miles after our peas, greens, and cornbread (yum) so I didn't feel so bad. Overall I seem to have my new exercise program well in hand but seem to be struggling with getting back into life emotionally.


Week One - Work Out 2

Went to Reagan HS track.. There was a team practicing and people in the stands there. I felt extremely self conscious, so I decided to hit the tread mill at the gym... Using my phone calculator I converted 1/8 of a mile into eight iterations of .125 and wrote each cycle on my hand in ink. I walked @ 4.3 and jogged at 5.5, 6.0, 6.5, and 7.0... Still I averaged a 12 min. mile. I am so anxious to get back to where I was.

Time

Today - 12:00 for the mile - 5.0 MPH - a little better

Baseline - 12:21 for the mile - 4.8 MPH - geck!

Accomplished Already:

Thursday - √ Complete

Saturday - √ Complete

Plan for the rest of week:

Sunday - AM

Monday - PM

Tuesday - AM

Wednesday - AM

Click Here - Run University - From Couch to 10K Program

No comments:

Post a Comment